Dragon Spin Slot
Dragon Spin is an Asian-themed slot released in 2015 by Bally Technologies, an American gaming cabinets and software manufacturer. They are known for their branded games – Titanic, Pawn Stars, Michael Jackson King of Pop, Money Talks, etc. The 30-payline video slot is not the developer’s only “Oriental piece”, but it is among the most popular editions thanks to Mystery Stacked Reels and multiple bonus games.
The game is played on a 5×3 reel grid which can be adjusted to the player’s device. To launch the game on your smartphone, you will have to switch to the landscape view, which will automatically adapt Dragon Spin to your home screen resolution.
Paylines are fixed and the stakes are selected manually, from the sliding menu to the right. The maximum bet is capped at $120 and the players can hit up to 24,000 coins per spin. An average return to the player percentage is estimated at 95.96% – not what one might call impressive, but somewhat compensated by Dragon Spin’s low volatility.
Why to Play Dragon Spin Slot
- Low variance
- Randomly triggered bonus features (unlocked by the Dragon Spins Wheel)
- Sticky Wilds that remain on their positions throughout the Raining Wilds and Persisting Wilds Free Games
- Wide betting range ($0.30 – $120), which makes the game suitable for both recreational players and those who enjoy slots with high stakes potential.
|Best USA Casino |
$1000 Casino Welcome Bonus
RTG, BetSoft, Spinomenal Slots
Fastest withdrawals for US players
Ignition Casino Review
|Best for UK/CA/EU/NZ Players |
£/$/€ 1000 Cashable Bonus
Plus 100 Free Spins
Amazing Slots Casino
Terms Apply Minimum deposit: £10. The wagering requirement must be met in full within 14 days of the. Game contribution: All games under the “classic slots”- 75%. Deposits made via Skrill or Neteller are not eligible for the welcome offer. Play Responsibly | 18+ begambleaware.org | Full T&C’s Apply
SPINiT Casino Review
|#1 Casino Australia |
100% up to $100
Plus 100 Free Spins
Games by 7 providers
Gunsbet Casino Review
Why not to Play?
- Low variance – not the game for adrenaline freaks.
- Bonus games cannot be re-triggered
- The return to the player is slightly lower than average: 95.96%
- Scatters can only land on reels 2, 3 and 4
- Bonus icon and base game Wild will not appear during the Persisting Wilds Free Games
- Bonus icon will not land during Raining Wilds Free Games
Dragon Spin has plenty of those, starting with the Mystery Stacked Reels, where each of the columns contains a Stacked Mystery position which will be filled with a randomly selected symbol at the beginning of the spin.
Dragon Spin Bonus Feature
Bonus symbols cannot appear in Stacked Mystery positions. Instead, they trigger the Dragon Spin Bonus feature. When three of these icons land on reels 2, 3, and 4, Dragon Spin Wheel will determine which bonus will be unlocked: Raining Wilds, Persisting Wilds and Reel Blast Free Games.
- Raining Wilds: 5 free rounds with 3 to 10 Wilds that will be randomly scattered across the reels. The Wilds will remain locked in their positions until the feature is completed.
- Persisting Wilds Free Games: 5 spins with the Persisting Wild that sticks to its landing position until the end of the bonus. The number of Persisting Wilds will increase with each next spin: 1or 2 in the first, second, and the third spin, up to 3 in the fourth spin, and between 2 and 7 in the last one.
- Reel Blast Free Games: 5 free games played across 3-reel sets which include the Reel Blast middle reel. The betways on each of the sets will correspond to the paylines that were active before the feature was initiated. The central reel will cover columns 2 – 4 across all 3-reel grids, and any symbol that appears on the middle position will count towards the positions on reels 2, 3 and 4 of the relevant set.
None of the bonuses is re-triggerable and the Bonus icons will not be available during any of the above-mentioned games.
A well-executed slot that somehow manages to remain engaging despite the over-exploited Asian theme – probably thanks to the frequent payouts and the element of surprise introduced by the Dragon Spins Wheel.
The downside is that none of these free games can be reactivated while the feature is in progress, but with up to 10 Wilds in the Raining Wilds and between 2 and 7 Wilds in Persisting Wilds Free Games, that can be easily forgiven.